Friday, March 2, 2012

Curing Manflu

I am not sure there is a value that can be put on providing a smile for somebody else, or being on the receiving end of something that makes you smile. Unless that is, you are a professional smile maker, or smiler, but I have yet to see that on anybody's CV. This week I have had a serious case of man flu – I’m fortunate I am living to tell the tale.

I have 5 smiles for you this week. A smile a day keeps the doctor away...or so I would like to think.

Monday

Was suffering from a severe dose of man flu and was in need of cheering up. I decided to go for a run....I am losing the battle with a certain Mexican compadre of mine to lose 10kg by May 1st, and I don't like losing. I went on my cheeky 5kg route and halfway through, a gran is pushing her grandson down the road in a pushchair, and the kid, who cannot have been more than two years old, stuck out his hand to give me a high five. Amazing. Smile achieved and the kid had no idea. Hopefully my tap put a smile on his face.

Tuesday

The one and only Suzanne Brodeur sent round an email with this link. I cannot fathom how it only has 65 or so hits, but this is legendary in my eyes! Video aside, SB is a sensational smile-maker....I have yet to meet anybody who has not smiled in her presence. I think she could be a cure for manflu.

Wednesday

HJ came home from Zambia.....despite suffering from a potentially terminal case of man flu, it put a smile on my face. As it always does and always will.

Thursday

Stuck on a plane for 5 hours for a ninety minute flight. Yet I was thoroughly charmed and entertained by the two 50+ year-old air hostesses who looked after us and did their utmost to keep us sane and smiling, when it was probably harder for them. The vodka and oranges also may have contributed to this.

Friday

Stuck in Heathrow Airport Terminal 5 for three additional hours – the fog strikes again. Thankfully, Wagamamas put a smile on my face and belly this time. I think I speak for a fair few people when I say this, but I can become a fraction impatient and restless when I am hungry. On the flipside, I’ll smile all day long after a good meal. So my beloved Sony Shop has been replaced by a London 2012 store – I guess that was the bad karma from yesterday’s blog. Still, I had a good lunch, so I’ll keep smiling.

5 big smiles in 5 days....enough to cure the most serious of potentially terminal manflu diseases.

No comments:

Post a Comment